Wednesday, December 23, 2009

NYC Trip Day 3

Today's temperature was in the upper 30's - low 40's. We ate omlets at the Gourmet NY Marketplace - so yummy and I felt healthier just being in there. We walked down to Rockefeller Center, saw the big Christmas tree and watched the ice skaters. If you want to be in the Christmas spirit this is the place to be, there were huge decorations everywhere and the Salvation Army Santa's were singing and dancing.

Rockefeller Christmas Tree!
We saw where they broadcast Good Morning America and went into the NBC store. The NBC store is attached to a candy store so the logo I am leaning on is filled with skittles or something.
I had to peek inside the American Girl store because I loved the American Girl books and read every one as a kid - Felicity, Samantha, Addy, Kirsten, and Molly. Samantha was my favorite.
We popped into the Saks to gawk at the ridiculously high prices of stuff like a $300 Burberry scarf. I'll take the $10 knockoff from a street vendor thank you! One lady working at the makeup counter grabbed me and sat me down rambling about the wrinkles around my eyes and my dry yet oily complexion. So I preceded to let her give me a makeover yet refused to buy any of the products ($40 for facial cleanser!? she was a good salesperson but not THAT good). But hey, I got a free makeover!

Inside SaksThe finished product

Then we decided today was a good day to visit a hotdog stand! Normally, Justin does not eat hotdogs because he got severe food poisoning once from eating a hot dog and nearly died or something. But he decided the risk was worth it and guess what? He decided it was the best hot dog he had ever eaten! I can't say the same - it was good but not plump enough for my taste.


Justin had to take a picture of this specific Wachovia bank for his manager. Justin went inside and talked to this guy who worked there about banking stuff and the future transition to Wells Fargo for a really long time. I was so bored :)
That night we went to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular (since 1933) at the Radio City Music Hall and let me just say that the show was spectacular - just like it said! I was on drill team in high school so I loved getting to see the Rockettes perform. They don't seem to kick very high though. We used to have to practically slam our face with our leg and some girls would have lipstick on their shins. Rockettes keep it at a nice 45 degree angle which looks better in my opinion. They did a lot of tap dancing and they all sang!We were 3 rows from the stage!As if our day wasn't exciting enough, we had to go back to the Rockefeller Iceskating Rink to do some iceskating! Can you believe Justin had never been iceskating before? What a deprived child! I was prepared to laugh at him during his first fall but of course he was so good at it! He is really good at rollerbladding so I should have known he would be a natural at iceskating. I actually took iceskating lessons one summer long ago and I am still really bad at it. The rink was so beautiful and romantic at night - this was probably my favorite part of the trip.

Justin showing off by flipping around and skating backwards
We had supper at the Celtic Pub in Times Square where I ate the best NY style cheesecake I have ever tasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment