Thursday, December 24, 2009

NYC Trip Day 4

On Wednesday, it was in the upper 40's and it rained all morning. Of course we didn't bring an umbrella so we had to buy one from a street vendor. We decided it was a good time to pick out souvenirs. We got a couple of Christmas ornaments for our tree, t-shirts and magnets for family and key chains and pens for coworkers.

We went to a Levi's store where I came really close to buying my first pair of skinny jeans but I just couldn't do it. Everyone in NYC was wearing skinny jeans with their boots or Uggs over the jeans and I was seriously the only girl wearing regular jeans and tennis shoes. I almost bought some slouch boots too so I could start the trend in southeast tx. I normally start to like a trend as soon as it starts going out of style.

Lunch was at the Tuscany Cafe - a hole-in-the-wall pizzeria where they sell NY style pizza by the slice - very yummy. Of course I had to order a Pepsi because Dr. Pepper is usually non-existent in restaurants outside of Texas. Yes, I went into major DP withdraws.

Then we went to see a play by Alfred Hitchcock called The 39 Steps - Broadways longest-running comedy thriller. It was a 4-person cast that played all the characters and the actors were amazingly good and funny.

That evening we met up with Michelle Skinner (Justin's friend's sister) and her boyfriend Devon. They showed us around a trendy place in East Village where a lot of NYU college kids like to hang out. Michelle and Devon are lawyers in NYC and they say its too expensive for them to live here. One of her friends pays $2300 a month for a loft apartment in this area! We had a fun time with them.

playing skiball!We played girls vs. guys and we totally whooped up on the guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment